Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Funny Chillins

Every now and then when I am not collecting cell phones or telling students to take out their various facial peircings, or to quit saying the "F" word...I get to enjoy some funny comments like these ones:

Right now we are doing an aerobics unit, and today we did a cardio kickboxing video. After about 20 mins, the kids were getting exhausted so we took a little breather and I let them get some water. (I always do the workout with the kids from the back so that I can make sure they are all participating...and I get my workout for the day as well.)

As the students in my last period class were walking back from getting water, an exhausted student looked at me and said...

"Mrs. Lawther, this is your 3rd time to do this workout video?"

I said, "Yep! Sure is!"

She said, "You're crazy! Man, being a PE teacher is worse than being a Math teacher!"

Ha, ha! That one made me laugh. Maybe I should tell that to the Math teachers. Think they would agree?

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Pretty sure I would like to solve the same equations all day rather than do an aerobics video three times. Even if the kids are whinier in math class. =)

Lindsey Jensen said...

Hi Michelle! This is Lindsey Jensen (Curtis) from Allen! I saw your blog from Marcia Pickups blog! I was so excited to look at your blog and see how everything is going! Glad to see you are doing well and you look great! Tell your family hi for me! Look at our blog at nljensenfam.blogspot.com!

Lawther family said...

I think I would rather do the work out than have to teach all those kids how to use math equations all day.

Katie said...

Hey- it's a toss up for me! You know how much I love a good math class. But kick boxing is a much better way to relieve stress and get your workout in for the day. It must be nice to get both exercise and work in at the same time I bet :-)

Lawther family said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you two have a great day. It was a fun weekend, I'm glad you made it out here. :)

Lawther family said...

Hi Michelle,
Lopaka and I tagged you so go to my blog and see what it is and have fun! :)